[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
• View topic - The Dark Lord Victorious

The Dark Lord Victorious

Discussion pertaining to any plots within the Hogwarts; UNLIMITED realm.

The Dark Lord Victorious

Postby jesse » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Harry Potter is dead and Voldemort has won the Second Wizarding War at great personal cost. His horcruxes have been destroyed and he is mortal but still remains the most powerful Wizard in the world.

The world is a very different place than the one we know and love. Britain is under full control of Voldemort's Death Eaters, and they have their sights set on the rest of Europe. What is life like in this dark world?

Discuss.
jesse

Re: The Dark Lord Victorious

Postby Poptart Demon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:13 am

To begin with, I think you'd have to consider the powers themselves; I assume he would reveal himself and the like to muggles and that there would be some disbelief until he... what? Began enslaving them? Killing them off in a mass genocide? Just how deep would his hate for muggles go now that he is this great power with no equal? I can imagine probably camps for muggles, but there's such a mass of them, it would be very impressive and at an amazingly large scale in order to manage it at all.

I would say then that, were he to decide (as I think he would) to put all muggles into said camps, he would have to start by making a pretty damn impressive display to show that he meant it. You know, imperio on the prime minister, crucio on general public figures, or just a good ole avada kedavra. The right tool for the right job, eh?

Just kinda my first line of thinking.
Is Skatie's owl. h00t!
,___,
[O.o] - O RLY?!
/)__)
-"--"-
,___,
[¬.¬] - Ya rly
/)__)
-"--"-
,___,
[O.O] - NO WAI!
/)__)
-"--"-
Poptart Demon

Postby jesse » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:51 pm

I am definitely seeing more enslavement than genocide. Voldemort has always thought wizards should rule over muggles. I'm just wondering if he's willing to break the secrecy statute and stand against the international wizarding community, or whether he will rally enough support to cause worldwide uprisings.
jesse

Postby Poptart Demon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm

I think he would probably start there. There's got to be parts of the magical community who would follow him, all over the world. I just wonder if he would go global in the magical community first in his attempts to gain more power, or whether he would break the secrecy statute and try to make a powerhouse of his own area before moving on. I tend to lean towards the former; find as many allies magically as he could first, because then he's going to have these deposits of support all over, and he can always make a move on muggles.
Is Skatie's owl. h00t!
,___,
[O.o] - O RLY?!
/)__)
-"--"-
,___,
[¬.¬] - Ya rly
/)__)
-"--"-
,___,
[O.O] - NO WAI!
/)__)
-"--"-
Poptart Demon

Postby Mindy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:58 am

I'm actually reading a fanfiction right now that plays into the whole "Voldemort won" deal. It went along the lines of Voldemort got smart after he defeated Wizarding Britain. Instead of killing off all the muggles, mudbloods, halfbloods, etc, he basically kidnapped kidnapped the children the moment they showed signs of magic and put them into 'orphanages' where they slowly lost their memories of their muggle lives. Once they've forgotten everything, pureblooded families adopt them and raise them with pureblooded ideals. He's also cut the magical community off from the muggle world.

If I recall correctly, he's pretty much ignoring the muggles right now; instead he's focusing on taking over mainland Europe's magical community through forming allies and brute force, whichever works for the specific country. I can't remember his plan beyond that off the top of my head, it's been a while since I've read that part.

I think that would be an interesting take on things, but I feel Voldemort is too obsessive with things to truly go that route. I feel like Voldemort would go the route of Hitler on things, honestly.

All of it sounds incredibly terrifying, to be honest.
"I'll be your safe ride home when you call me. I'll be everything and more when you call my name." - Cute Is What We Aim For, Safe Ride
"I'm a fool with dreams and not a lot of things." - Framing Hanley, Fool Will Dreams
Mindy

Return to Unlimited Plot Discussion