I'm finally ready-ish to write again.

Discuss and solicit plots!

I'm finally ready-ish to write again.

Postby Mindy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:18 pm

So, I've finally found my desire to write again. And I've got some time. So, I want to start posting again.

I have requirements though. Mainly, I want an actual plot and not a "we're going to start with a plot, but really we're just winging it" thing. I lose interest too quickly and my writing goes to hell when I do that. Brian and I have an insanely elaborate thing going on right now and I had forgotten how much fun it was to have a direction to be writing towards.

Actually, that's about the only requirement. Plot. Yep.

So, I currently have three characters. Just to sum up where they are in life:

Sophie Caverly

Honestly, I forgot she was a thing, so she's still pretty moldable. Muggleborn. Hufflepuff. First year. Shy. Quiet. Scared of magic. Scared of anything she doesn't understand. I don't have any particular direction that I want to take her in. A good start would be to find some friends, both male and female. Maybe even find someone to act like an 'older sibling' of sorts to keep her in check. She's used to being around her muggle friends and she misses them a fair bit, so that will be a struggle for her. Not being around her parents will probably be a struggle too, since she's an only child that just got thrown into a whole new world she's terrified of.

Nadia Alarid

Slytherin. Seventh year. Pureblood. Ambitious. Not a fan of purebloods. She deals with whoever she has to deal with to get what she needs out of life. She thinks the Slytherins shun her since the few friends she has kept were generally muggleborn. I feel like she's probably exiled herself more than her housemates exiled her. I've done some posts that touched on this and it always blows her mind when a pureblood either doesn't know of her normal associations or doesn't care. She has a close friend that she views as an older brother that she writes to when she needs advice. I haven't done much with that, but I may start it up soon.

Mindy Macule

Being my longest used character, Mindy is definitely the easiest for me to write. Former Gryffindor. Twenty-two. Bookstore/cafe owner in London, somewhere close to Diagon Alley. The bookstore is muggle/magical. She has an assistant at the bookstore, but I haven't worried about that too much. She's stubborn and determined and has an aversion to all Slytherins thanks to her time at Hogwarts and the problems she had with certain Slytherins.

Of the three, I'd prefer to write with Mindy or Nadia; I don't know how well I can write from an eleven year old perspective. One of the directions I have Nadia going in is that her parents keep trying to set her up to marry a pureblooded (Slytherin, most likely) wizard, but she won't have any of it, which causes tons and tons of drama. So... there's that. I think any plot will really depend on what characters get paired up.

So, let me know! :)
"I'll be your safe ride home when you call me. I'll be everything and more when you call my name." - Cute Is What We Aim For, Safe Ride
"I'm a fool with dreams and not a lot of things." - Framing Hanley, Fool Will Dreams
Mindy

Re: I'm finally ready-ish to write again.

Postby Quijotesca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:07 am

Ooh! I've only got dear Agustin right now, he's a G6 (Er, I think... I kind of forgot =O ). He's a loveable Mexican boy, and pureblooded. Thinks himself charming, a ladies man. I don't see Nadia's parents wishing her to marry someone like him, so that's pretty much shot. I think Mindy and Agustin would be good friends, though, save for the bit of an age difference.

I was working on some other characters, but that lovely thing called real life intervened, so right now I've just got him.
I'm screaming at the midnight air
Everyone hears me but I don't care
My heart's clenched just like a fist
'Cause, people, I didn't ask for any of this
Quijotesca

Re: I'm finally ready-ish to write again.

Postby Mindy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:38 pm

I can see this going one of two ways. Haha.

With Nadia, the chances of them being friends would be decently likely since they're only a year apart and Agustin isn't a Slytherin. Nad's problem is mostly with her own housemates; she just assumes they hate her. Haha. Nad's parents may not be up for any form of marriage, but I doubt they'd be opposed to the friendship, not that Nadia really tells her parents much. She's more of the "Pretend to do whatever the parents want and then figure out life post-graduation." Pretty sure I'm going to have her run off from her family after they try and force her to marry someone at some point.

As for Mindy, I don't know how to feel about the age difference. Mindy would have been a 7th year when Agustin was a 1st year. She was caught up in some serious drama nonsense at the time with a certain Slytherin, so she probably wasn't aware of Agustin at the time. I was going to suggest something along the lines of him being a regular at Min's bookstore/cafe, but it's in his profile that he hates to read. So, unless he likes coffee, cake, and just hanging out, I don't know how well that would work. A friendship could branch from there if that would somehow work. Min likes regulars.
"I'll be your safe ride home when you call me. I'll be everything and more when you call my name." - Cute Is What We Aim For, Safe Ride
"I'm a fool with dreams and not a lot of things." - Framing Hanley, Fool Will Dreams
Mindy

Return to Plot Discussion