Man or Monster? (Fantasy, Open)

Re: Man or Monster? (Fantasy, Open)

Postby Teegan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:11 am

Kerrek watched the girl return downstairs, a smile plastered on his face. He had reason. Maz and Chelyrra were there with him now, hidden in plain sight. Such was the way of the assassin. Maz had frozen beside him and Chelyrra was just next to the door, blocking any escape. He smiled inwardly, too. If he hadn't posted them there, he wouldn't have even seen them. His hands rested across his chest as he sat in the chair, watching her. The dagger he held faced backwards, blade hidden by his shoulder. This girl was not telling him everything, and he didn't like that. One less whelp in the world. He nodded casually. "Well, that's mighty nice of you. A broasted chicken would taste quite good, I'd say, eh chaps?" He chuckled inwardly. Maz shifted unnoticably to his left, his stance growing shorter, as if ready to leap. Chelyrra brought her bow to bear on the girl, unseen in the darkness near the entrance. "I'd like three helpings, if you don't mind. I'm quite hungry after travelling on the road.

He elbowed Maz with a movement that looked like he was merely shifting his sitting position. "Behind on my food intake, I am." He felt Maz's presence move away from him, moving to skirt the wall leading to the girl. "And I'm quite tired. Are there any rooms free?" He glanced up the stairs before realizing he needed her moved. He cursed himself for asking so soon. "But we could always speak of rooms and prices after I've eaten. I'm always in a fairer mood after I've dined."
All my RP Characters EVER CREATED! Retired will be noted in Bio
http://ryusilvertooth.tripod.com/
Teegan
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Wi, USA, Earth

Re: Man or Monster? (Fantasy, Open)

Postby Alaska » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:28 am

The hairs on the back of her neck stuck up. There was something wrong, but she had already known that. There was something diffrent about the room than before. She leaned against the rail on the stairs, blocking the way.
"I'd acctually rather talk about it right now," she told him. "We do not have any rooms in the main building. The ones up stairs are the 'best rooms' and the rooms my sisters and I sleep in. They are full. Sorry, about that. Out back there is another building full fo empty rooms if you'd liek to go out back and see them. We have one and two bed options." Reina's eyes scanned the room but she could see no other people.
Yeah, but I can feel them.
"I can even bring in a third cot if you want it..." she smiled some. "You know...for your appetite."
NaNoWriMo 2009 winner
Alaska
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:00 pm
Location: In a dream of a dream...

Re: Man or Monster? (Fantasy, Open)

Postby Teegan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 am

This girl was giving him more trouble than she was worth. "What about the chicken," he asked, noticing Maz had stopped short of the stairs so as to not give away his presence. "And a room in one of the other buildings would be fine," he stated. It was true. He didn't need to go upstairs. "Back," he snapped before continuing quite quickly. "Out back, you say?" Maz stepped back, giving the girl a wide berth. Retreating upstairs wasn't a priority at this point. "And as for the third cot, I only need the bed for me, miss." He chuckled. "You've got a rapier wit, I'll give you that."
All my RP Characters EVER CREATED! Retired will be noted in Bio
http://ryusilvertooth.tripod.com/
Teegan
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Wi, USA, Earth

Re: Man or Monster? (Fantasy, Open)

Postby Alaska » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 am

Reina moved from the stairs and took steps to the kitchen.
"Chicken coming right up!" she smiled at him and retreated into the kitchen. It was dark inside the kitchen. The fires had long been put out. Reina fumbled around for means to light it. She made a rucus, closing things loudly, fumbling things here and there, and shuffling things around. When she finally did manage to light the fire the light from it could be seen from under the door frame and from the open window that she could see the entire main room.
Reina was a speedy cook, she could bread the already cut chicken and began to heat the pan to coo kthe chicken.
God damn it, Farrahgo hurry up.
"Can I get you something to drink?"
NaNoWriMo 2009 winner
Alaska
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:00 pm
Location: In a dream of a dream...

Re: Man or Monster? (Fantasy, Open)

Postby Teegan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Kerrek watched as she bumbled around in the kitchen, not bothering to go help. If she was going to die, why make life any easier? Either way, he had a moment to whisper to Maz as the girl stumbled about. "Follow her," He whispered, looking like he was talking to no one. "Don't hurt her, just follow." He could tell Maz had nodded and followed her into the din. He quickly motioned for Chelyrra, who came running. "Check upstairs. You'll know if he's in the room. Don't disturb the guests. We had orders." She too nodded and ran off, taking the steps two at a time. Kerrek turned around just in time to see the light in the kitched turn on. He smilled merrily as she began cooking and nodded at her question. "A brown ale would be nice if you have it," he said, reaching into the bag that contained the upfront part of his payment. The job would be done tonight, why not spend a little?
All my RP Characters EVER CREATED! Retired will be noted in Bio
http://ryusilvertooth.tripod.com/
Teegan
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Wi, USA, Earth

Re: Man or Monster? (Fantasy, Open)

Postby Alaska » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:00 pm

"Brown ale," she looked back at the door that led to the buttery. "Yes, I do think we have that if you would give me a moment." She put the chicken into the pan over the fire to cook and then walked to the buttery door. The buttery was where all of the wine and beer was kept for storage. There was none left out in case one of the people staying at the inn decided to raid the kitchen. The key to it was kept on a ring that hung at her hip. Reina took the key and unlocked the door and went inside. On a shelf on the wall by the door there was a large cup with a handle. Reina took it into her hand and went in search of the ale. The door had been left open to allow for some light into the room.
***
Marius, the stable boy, had stayed up reading when he heard the sound people in the main room. That is odd. Isn't everyone in bed? He got up and walked out of his room in the back and entered the main room.
"Reina? Reina, are you out here?" he stepped further into the room and saw a man and the candles of the kitchen on. He stared at the man. "Who the hell are you? Where is Reina?" A moment later Reina came out from the buttery with the ale in hand.
"I am right here, Marius," she seemed a little worried about something. "What are you doing up? You should go to bed..." Marius looked from Reina to the man.
"Who is he?"
"He asked for a room," Reina told him. "Just go back to bed..."
NaNoWriMo 2009 winner
Alaska
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:00 pm
Location: In a dream of a dream...

Previous

Return to General Role Playing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron