Injured Wolves & Griffly Bears [Reaver]

Re: Injured Wolves & Griffly Bears [Reaver]

Postby Skatie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:32 pm

The feeling of his hand resting on her arm was a comfort and Maisie closed her eyes for a moment, trying to process everything and be more aware of herself. She felt tremendously guilty for getting him involved in the chaos that had only recently become her life, but had no idea how to fix it now that it was done. She had tried to warn him, hadn't she? She had tried to make him stop pursuing her, but he never did and now... now it didn't matter. He was involved.

She had a lot of questions, too--such as why did the hospital call him--but was too tired to ask them. Maisie didn't think that she could even digest any answers at the moment, so disoriented and pretty embarrassed about the state of things.

"Griff," she started softly, opening her eyes again to look up at him. She paused, though, hesitating as she caught her lip between her teeth. She had been going to ask him to stay but realized how selfish it would be to ask that of him. "Thank you." That was far better. He was there, after all. That alone meant more to her than he could ever fathom. And, though she winced in obvious pain for the movement, she moved her arm so that she could slip her hand inside of his. Holding his hand was worth the pain.
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Maeby Kate | 26 | Michigan/Virginia
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Reaver » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 am

"Stop." He gently told her. There was no point in her trying to move. The girl had bones regrowing, after all, and that had to be painful just sitting still. He gave her hand an acknowledging squeeze. Maisie didn't have to thank him, he wanted to be there for her.

Griffin wasn't sure of what exactly she remembered from the incident, but he didn't want to inundate her with questions that he wasn't even sure she had answers for. "Maisie," he started, standing from the chair to move closer to her. "Do you remember anything from your attack?" He asked. It wasn't exactly the most elegant way to ask, but he found that he had no choice. If he was to protect her, he needed to know everything he possibly could. The Auror had given him some, but only in the aftermath of the event. Now, he needed to know the rest of the story.
Ratted out in Hades, forced to return to Rockville with nothing but a rucksack. Hard lesson learned.

You want to know my political persuasion? Well sugar I howl at the moon. Can ya dig it?

character carnival--->
http://kbird.webs.com
meow!
Reaver

Postby Skatie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:22 am

He stood and Maisie felt her hand tighten on his, as though to force him not to leave her. Rather than leave, though, Griffin moved closer to her and she relaxed a little. She was scared, her normally quite olive complexion looking pretty pale under the harsh light. Who wouldn't be afraid after what she had encountered?

"Yes." She spoke the word very softly, but almost apprehensively. Maisie was afraid of the repercussions if she were to confide in him, but could she really stand to keep this secret? In truth, she didn't fully understand the situation. She didn't know about the gang's involvement or how dangerous things truly were. She thought she had contained it to herself by keeping her secrets.

"I was at Warner's flat and he had mates over, after I sang at the club," she recounted after a long pause wherein she battled with herself about tell him. He deserved the truth, though, and she would give him that much. Her voice was still quiet, a little uncertain. "I thought... I thought things were okay? He was... I thought he looked happy, messing about with his mates. Then this guy came in and they spoke in private and when he left, he looked me over like..." Maisie shuddered involuntarily, looking up at the ceiling.

Her thumb absently traced Griffin's hand as she tried to remember any important details. "Warner told me I could go home, but he has enchantments on his flat so that no one can apparate in or out. I got my coat... and I went outside and I can remember thinking about turning down the alley to apparate because I don't like walking at night...but then someone grabbed me and I tried to scream but I couldn't." As she recounted the attack, she held onto him more tightly, not realizing it. "It was that guy... and he threw me on the ground and kicked me, saying I was a whore or... things... and it was only him, I thought, but I had covered my head and forgotten I was a witch..."

Maisie would never forgive herself for that. She would never forgive herself for forgetting she was a witch; for failing to pull her wand and defend herself. It showed all over her face that she hated herself for it. She deserved what she got for being so stupid, really. Tears were glazing her big eyes and she was trying really hard not to be a baby about everything. In truth, she just felt like a little girl that needed to be held and consoled, but she had no mum for that to even yearn for.
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Reaver » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:11 am

Her afflicted demeanor was causing a lump to form in his throat. Griffin hated this whole situation, and the more details he was learning, the more sick it made him. This entire situation was heart wrenching. He didn't want to believe that anyone was capable of such atrocities, especially towards such a sweet girl. It was infuriating, and even a big man like Griffin could hardly stomach the thought.

Before now, he hadn't been able to look at the girl in the hospital bed for too long without having to look away. The sight of her, pale and bruised, had almost been too much. And the silence... But now, with possibly a few answers a mere breath away, he found strength, and stared at her, listening intently, taking in every hesitant word. He knew she was nervous. Griffin had a pretty good idea that he had been part of the reason this had happened in the first place, though their reasoning what utterly senseless to him. Cranks, the whole lot of them.

The words that were coming out of her mouth were some of the most difficult words Griffin had ever forced himself to listen to. Things like this were hard to listen to; he could only imagine they were hard to say, but then she wasn't making any sense. "You forgot that you were a witch." He echoed, that being the only thing he had nerve to repeat. Everything else had been too terrible. "I..." And what exactly could he say to that? The poor bird looked so helpless, so dejected. He turned his head and glared hard at the baron hospital wall for a long while. There were no amount of sorries that could mend this. He couldn't, in good faith, tell her that everything would be alright, or that he would make this all go away. Unfortunately, Griffin couldn't promise either of those things. However, he could promise one thing. "I'm here for you now." He told her, looking back at her with a bleak grin. "And someone's going to pay for this."
Ratted out in Hades, forced to return to Rockville with nothing but a rucksack. Hard lesson learned.

You want to know my political persuasion? Well sugar I howl at the moon. Can ya dig it?

character carnival--->
meow!
Reaver

Postby Skatie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:55 pm

"I don't want you involved," she said softly, but she knew it was far too late for that. Before Griffin could tell her as much, though, a nurse interrupted them. She gave Griffin a little smile, apologizing for interrupting before going about a silent check up of Maisie. It was nothing intrusive; she just felt along her side and seemed to check on the healing of her bones. She asked Maisie a few questions about how she felt, then gave her a potion and said it would make her sleep.

It was accurate. Maisie could hardly keep her eyes open once the nurse left them, but Griffin pulled his chair closer and sat down beside her, keeping her hand in his while she slipped off to sleep. Griffin remained there through the night and when Maisie woke, it was to find him slouched down in the chair far enough to rest his head back against it, long legs stretched out a bit, his hand holding her hand and his eyes closed, asleep.

Maisie repeatedly told Griffin he didn't have to stay; she felt terrible to keep him away from more important or better things. He wouldn't go, though. When he insisted she come stay with him and his grandparents, she argued relentlessly. She was afraid to meet his grandparents. What if they didn't like her? What if they hated her for bringing such turmoil into Griffin's life? When it came time for her to be discharged, she finally relented and came to a compromise: he would stay with her, instead.

Because he didn't want her to be alone for even a moment, Maisie accompanied Griffin home so that he could collect some things. His grandmother was the sweetest woman, offering her tea and doting upon her while Griffin got packed. She seemed only concerned that Maisie be alright and that she stay safe. Maisie felt much better by the time Griffin came back out with a bag.

"I'm sorry to take him from you," Maisie was telling his grandmother quietly. There was only a week left of holiday and she was stealing that time away from them. She did feel horrible.

"Oh, nonsense," the woman waved off the concern with a smile. "You'll come by for dinner most days, anyway. Our boy will take good care of you."

They finally arrived at Maisie's flat just before dark, finding Russ running around in complete panic because he had been left alone too long. Maisie hurried to feed and water him, apologizing and cuddling him repeatedly. "Do you want to order dinner?" she asked, still sheepish about him staying with her. She had never had a guy sleep in the same room with her, strangely enough. "There's a good Chinese just down the block... they deliver."

Once Russ was settled, Maisie crossed to find an extra quilt and pillow for him, taking them to her sofa. "Maybe I should sleep here and you take the bed," she thought out loud. "You're taller." The idea of him trying to stretch those long legs across that short sofa....
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Reaver » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:57 am

He had nothing else to say to her right now, not that he really had the chance. A nurse had come in and went about her business, checking on the injured girl and finally giving her a potion to relax her. Poor bird needed all the rest she could get, having suffered through what she had. Griffin couldn't imagine the horror Maisie had endured. Before, he wouldn't have wanted to, but now, he would have taken her place in a heartbeat. In fact, if it was him these people may have been trying to get at, why did they have to punish her. That wasn't right.

Griffin hardly remembered dozing off in the chair, her small hand in his, but when he awoke, he found that she was already awake. In light of the information received from the Auror the previous night, he felt that it would probably be a good idea to check on his grandparents. Someone had known where to contact him, which may have meant they knew where he lived. That resulted in a sinking feeling in his stomach that they could have been in danger too. He'd already dealt with Maisie's brush with death, he didn't even want to think about having to deal with their injuries, or worse.

However, he wasn't about to leave Maisie in her state, once she was discharged. The healers had deemed her well enough to allow her to leave, but she wasn't out of the woods yet. Neither of them were. The looming danger was still paramount to, and leaving her was simply out of the question. After insisting, pleading, and even arguing with the girl, Griffin finally got his way. Maisie really didn't have a choice in the matter, anyway, for her own sake.

They did have to a t least make a stop by his grandparents flat first, though. Okay, so he really didn't have to. It wasn't that he wouldn't have the opportunity to visit with them every day. His Nan was the type of lady who expected them home every day for a hot meal, and made it known that they would be there. The sweet old woman didn't know exactly what was going on, but she did know that they wouldn't be going hungry through all this. Joy offered to reheat the early dinner and send it along with them to the protest of Griffin. He fibbed, saying they had grabbed something after leaving St. Mungos, but in all reality, he wasn't sure if he even had much of an appetite.

Finally arriving at her flat, he was a little relieved to find that the place hadn't been ransacked or anything like that. Perhaps Warner and his lot didn't know where Maisie lived. He didn't really know the details on that, which brought up another worry for him. What if they did know? Griffin wanted to kick himself for not thinking to suggest staying at the Leaky Cauldron or some muggle hotel. That way he could be sure they didn't know where they were.

He was lost in thought when Maisie finally directed her attention towards him. "Huh? Oh, I guess.. If you're hungry." Watching her turn the sofa into a makeshift sleeping area, he rubbed his chin, almost in amusement. This was going to be a fun arrangement. "No," He told her, when she suggested he take the bed. He nearly slipped up and told her, not unless she was in that bed too, but that would have been very inappropriate. Of course, he didn't mean it that way, but there was no way she was going to be sleeping on a couch after this whole ordeal. "It's your bed, I'm fine on the sofa. I promise."

character carnival--->
meow!
Reaver

Postby Skatie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Maisie had absolutely no appetite. She had eaten hardly a scrap since her admittance to St. Mungo's, though she had been ridden by her healer to scoff something down. The truth was, she felt sick to her stomach about everything. She was scared, yes, but the idea of Griffin being dragged into her circumstance made her downright nauseous. She didn't want him to get hurt; she didn't want his grandparents to face any danger. But she had no control, and that was the most terrifying thing of all.

"I'm not," she admitted. "I just thought... well, I didn't want you to be hungry." She was worried about his comfort. He was doing so much for her and never asked for anything in return. The least she could do was make him comfortable and take care of him. She was nervous, not wanting him to think ill of her, not wanting him to think she was dirty or careless or anything bad. It hadn't yet dawned on her that it mattered because she cared about him. Somewhere between him giving her a concussion and him holding her hand in the hospital, Maisie had developed a full blown crush.

She didn't argue with Griffin about the sofa, but she knew he was lying. That sofa was a good foot or more shorter than he was. Instead, she found him the best pillow and blanket she had. If he wasn't hungry, they might as well go to bed. It was already getting late enough and she was feeling fatigued from everything. She had been given a potion to take for the next week or so to help her recover from being mentally addled so she turned to take that before looking for her pajamas.

"I'll be out of the bathroom in a minute," she told him, so that he knew it would be his for whatever night time routine he might have. She disappeared into the bathroom, showering quickly because she wanted the hospital feeling gone. She dressed in a wife beater and some shorts, drying her hair before coming out again. "All your's," she smiled at him timidly, then went over to the bed and pulled back blankets.

By the time he came back out, she was fast to sleep, curled up in bed like a little cat.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Previous

Return to Outside Hogwarts