A Cam Collision [Katey|Skatie]

A Cam Collision [Katey|Skatie]

Postby Skatie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 pm

((Alternative Title: A Katey/Katie Collision))

Having helped George open his shop for the day and kissing him good-bye, Cambriehl was dawdling along Diagon Alley on her way to the Leaky Cauldron. She was excited, as she always was, to be meeting someone new. Holden McShale had become one of her very good friends over the years, so the chance to meet this famed older sister was a long time coming. If she was anything like Holden promised, Cambriehl knew that she was going to love her.

Then again, there weren't many people Cambriehl didn't love.

She dropped in at shop along the way, purchasing a gift bag. Though she knew it wasn't expected, she had wanted to get Camilla a little gift to welcome her to London. A few jokes from George's shop did the trick (no pun intended). Once she was satisfied that the gift looked nice and neat, she was on her way to the Leaky Cauldron.

The Leaky Cauldron was as dim and dank as it ever was, which was almost charming in a way. Spin looked around, not seeing anyone that might be Camilla, and then sat at the bar. The bartender chatted with her, asking after George and the Weasleys. It was true that Cambriehl had never met a stranger. She was friends with everyone she came into contact with.
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Maeby Kate | 26 | Michigan/Virginia
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Re: A Cam Collision [Katey|Skatie]

Postby Katey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 pm

If Camilla had one thing in common with her younger brother, it was a love of fashionable clothes. Both had developed a slightly formal, slightly severe way of dressing early on. It wasn't the influence of their parents, of course, as they rarely wore muggle clothes. But her resemblance to Holden was unmistakable with her short dark hair and menswear-inspired ensemble. A blazer, pants, and red lipstick might make Camilla look severe, but her true personality belied her style.

Stomping down the streets of London in her heels, Camilla was more nervous than she looked. She had been to London, of course. She had been to Diagon Alley before school every year. But she was not yet in the mindset of being a Londoner. Of course, when she opened her mouth, everyone would know she was from Dublin, and she worried about fitting in even though she had always been one to stand out.

When she reached the Leaky Cauldron, she was glad to find a familiar locale. The Leaky Cauldron was a destination for a variety of witches and wizards, so she didn't have to worry about being out of place in London.

She was excited to meet her brother's best friend. She had heard that Cambriehl, also known as Spin, was a fun girl, and Camilla didn't know very many people in London yet.

She walked inside, giving a smile to the bartender, and looked around, wondering which girl in the pub was Spin.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Spin was unmistakable. She was a ray of sunshine in a dimly lit room, with big blue eyes and a bright smile. Her long sandy brown hair was pushed back with a cloth headband and she dressed just as vivaciously as her personality: a vivid green shirt under a bright yellow jacket with a pair of jeans.

Half standing on a rung of her bar stool, Spin was leaning over the counter to show the bartender something in a very animated way. It was clear at first sight that Spin not only didn't care if she stood out, she enjoyed it! She was clamoring on about whatever it was she was showcasing, though the bartender looked uncomfortable with her exuberance and was only mildly nodding his head and giving her something of a vacant smile.

"Oh!" she cut herself off, having caught sight of Camilla from the corner of her eye. She hopped down from the stool and crossed to give the girl a big hug, not needing to double-check that she had the right person. She looked very much like a sister of Holden's. "Camilla! I'm Spin! Well, Cambriehl but almost everyone calls me Spin except Holden. Even my mum! I brought you a London warming gift!"

The gift had been abandoned at the bar, so Spin rushed back to grab it and then thrust it toward Camilla with a big, genuine smile. "It's just some of the newest jokes from George's shop. Oh... I should have let you open it..."
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Katey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Camilla was still looking around, not having yet reached the part of the bar at which Spin sat, when a whirl of bright colors flew at her. She hadn't quite been expecting a hug as a greeting, particularly before introductions, so she didn't hug back. It was more out of surprise than anything, though. Camilla didn't share her brother's aversion to physical affection.

"Hi!" Camilla said, smiling bemusedly. She was still reeling from the way Spin had rushed toward her. "It's great to meet you." There was barely a pause in between Spin's introduction and her quick rush back from the bar. Camilla almost wasn't sure that she had seen her run back there--it was as though the gift had appeared in her hands. She was so fast!

"Thank you so much," Camilla said, accepting the gift. She had never been one for pranks of the sort she might have bought at Zonko's in her day at Hogwarts, but only because her parents discouraged it. She had a great sense of humor now and she was sure she would enjoy the jokes. "George Weasley?" She asked. She had known of the boy, a few years younger than herself, and his twin, at Hogwarts. She heard how they had started a joke shop, and of course she had heard of Fred's death. She wondered how Spin knew them.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 pm

"Oh, it's nothing!" Spin assured Camilla, her smile bright and genuine. The gift had a few of George's newest wares, along with some sweets that Spin particularly enjoyed. "I was going to get you a pygmy puff but George said I should probably let you decide if you want a pet..."

"Yep, no other George than George Weasley," Spin grinned. To her, this was certainly true. She had yet to meet someone who didn't know of George Weasley, either, as he and Fred had made quite the names for themselves long before their departure from Hogwarts. It was strange, though, to have only one of a pair. It was so natural to say 'Fred and George' or 'George and Fred' or (Spin's personal favorite) 'Gred and Forge'.

"Some people thought it would be best for him to take time after...." she trailed off, her smile sad but not completely gone. "Well, I think it's better he stays busy and I think working with their shop helps him keep Fred alive, you know?" Spin was just rambling on, as she sometimes did. She finally realized Camille had no idea how she knew so much. "He's my boyfriend, by the way. George. We've been together since before he left Hogwarts."
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Return to Diagon Alley