A Secret Meeting

Re: A Secret Meeting

Postby Katey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Holden hadn't meant to make Enna feel self-conscious. He wasn't angry that she dressed like that. She had every right to, and he knew that she wasn't intentionally attracting the men in the pub, so he wasn't bothered by it. He had just been joking, and didn't realize that she took it seriously.

He smiled. "That's a good idea," he said. Husband, she had said. That was thinking ahead, definitely. But even though he knew it was well into their future, hearing the word didn't make him uncomfortable.

Writing wasn't something that Holden had thought seriously about. "I've never really written for fun," he said. "I like history. I like to write essays for Professor Binns, however crazy that might sound." He laughed. He knew that most people considered History of Magic the most boring subject, and while he agreed that the professor was less than riveting, the books and subjects themselves were fascinating to Holden.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Enna smiled as she listened to Holden talk about history, intent to study his handsome face. While she certainly found nothing interesting about History of Magic, mostly because Professor Binns was so boring, she did think it nice that Holden found some interest there. "Maybe you'd like to take his place some day, once he finally gives up the ghost. Get it? Gives up the ghost?" she laughed a little at her joke, though she wasn't entirely sure what happened to ghosts. She had only been introduced to the idea of ghosts when she was eleven.

"But really... you could find loads of jobs that deal with history. Maybe with the Ministry of Magic?" Enna knew there were a lot of positions within the massive Ministry of Magic and one of them was bound to suit Holden's interests. She felt he was capable of anything he wanted to pursue and she would support him in whatever endeavor he wished to have.

Enna smiled softly at him, then leaned in and kissed the corner of his mouth softly. "I miss you so, so much when we're not together," she admitted gently. "The other night, I lay awake for hours trying to imagine you were there so that I could sleep. I couldn't, though, because it didn't smell like you." She was quiet, thoughtful for just a moment. "Would it be weird if I asked you for something? A shirt or something that smells like you?" It was silly, she knew, but she imagined sleeping with a jumper of his was better than laying awake into the night, missing him desperately.
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Maeby Kate | 26 | Michigan/Virginia
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Katey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:45 pm

Holden laughed. He doubted that he would ever be a teacher. Since Professor Binns hadn't let his own death stop his teaching career, Holden doubted that there was anything that would end Binns's long tenure at Hogwarts.

"You're right," Holden said. "There probably is something at the Ministry. I'll have to look into it." Holden hadn't thought about a government job, but the Ministry dealt with so many diverse subjects that he could no doubt find something to his liking if he looked long enough.

"I miss you too," Holden said. He felt bad that he was putting Enna through such a hard time. "That wouldn't be weird." He smiled. He wasn't sure what he could send along. Some of his clothes were fairly recognizable, and he wouldn't want Enna to be caught with something that another student would know was his. But he would find something. "I'll send something along with the owl," he said. If it meant that much to her, he wanted her to have something of his to remind her of him.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 pm

"I'll keep it in my bed," she told him, just hoping to reassure him that it could remain between the two of them. "Feel free to spray your cologne on it. I know you don't overdo it but it's okay to overdo it on whatever you send, so that it doesn't lose the smell too soon," she smiled.

Enna was pretty happy at the moment. It may have been a real hardship to keep their relationship under the radar, but Holden treated her like a princess whether he was just jotting her a few lines or stealing her away to have secret canoodles. Hearing her dorm mates discuss their boyfriends (they seemed to change all the time), she knew that Holden was a much better boyfriend than any of the guys who she could have dated openly. He was worth the trouble, her Holden McShale.

With a quick glance about the pub, Enna leaned in and kissed Holden tenderly on the lips. She was still fresh to these intimacies but she felt certain she would never fully get used to the way her stomach fluttered when they kissed. She only kissed him briefly, breaking it to smile at him and nudge his nose with her own playfully.
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Katey » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm

"Okay, I will," Holden said. He would have to think about the perfect thing to send her. An old shirt of his didn't seem very romantic. It would have to be something better.

Holden was also very happy. Even though he worried at times that Enna was not getting the boyfriend she deserved--someone who was willing to be public with their relationship--he tried his best to be good to her. He hoped that he was doing a good job, and that she was happy.

Holden's stomach also still fluttered when Enna kissed him. It was all so new to him. He had never been entirely comfortable with physical affection, but coming from Enna it felt right.

He put his arm around her, his head close to hers, and said, "What are you doing today?" Even though they could write letters to one another, actually conversing with her was like a special treat. He felt that it was important to take advantage of the opportunity, even if it wasn't about anything in particular.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

They were so tender toward one another in the way they spoke, the small touches and even the mere glances. It was really something to be admired. It was a shame no one could admire it, though. It certainly made them both seem like the greatest of actors for convincing the entire school that there was nothing between them--not even a base acquaintance.

"Well, I spent the morning with Liam and a bit with Agustin," she rehashed, though she knew he was aware of that much. "After I leave you, I might just eat dinner in the Great Hall and maybe study? I did talk to Professor Slughorn about getting a student tudor and he said that he had someone that might be interested... so he might come to you Monday."

They had schemed about his becoming her Potions tutor, which would allow them a reason to at least talk in the open. Of course, they wouldn't be able to be affectionate, but just getting to hear his voice would be nice, even if his voice was talking about Potions. "Promise you won't get impatient if this works? I really, really am not good with Potions." She wanted him to know that it wasn't going to be an act.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Katey » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:14 pm

The muscles in Holden's face tightened slightly at the mention of Agustin's name. He knew that Agustin hated him. He knew why, and he knew that there was a lot of reason to hate Slytherins. And despite the fact that Holden hadn't tried to prove to the Gryffindor boy that he was different than other Slytherins, Holden was still angered by the fact that Agustin couldn't see it on his own. The irrationality of it didn't occur to him, likely because of a little anti-Gryffindor prejudice that he still harbored, even with Enna by his side.

"How's Liam?" Holden asked. He hoped Enna wouldn't notice that he had intentionally avoided mention of Agustin, but they had discussed the disagreement between the two boys enough, and there was nothing more he wanted to say, especially if he wanted this conversation to remain calm.

He laughed lightly. He was sure he could never get impatient with Enna, no matter how poorly she performed at potions. He imagined her breaking bottles left and right, making dangerous poisons by mistake, and Holden would be there beaming at her all the time. "You have nothing to worry about," he said. "I'm sure you're not half as bad as some of the louts in my year. Honestly, how they made it to the NEWT level..." he trailed off, unwilling to fill any more time talking about potions. They would have enough time for that if their scheme worked, so they ought to spend their dates talking about anything else.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:35 pm

If Enna noticed that Holden had intentionally neglected to ask after Agustin, she either didn't mind or didn't think it worth drawing attention to. The truth was that her friendship with Agustin was on the rocks, what with the incorrigible way he had been acting recently. She couldn't blame Holden for not liking him, as his own dislike was based on the content of Agustin's character while Agustin's opinion of Holden was based purely on his house.

"Liam's good," she smiled. "He's doing really well at his job and seems to like it a lot. Said Da is having a good season, as well, so that makes me feel loads better about being here rather than back home, helping at the pub. Liam asked after you, of course. Said he'd like a pint next you're on holiday, if you wanted." Nothing pleased Enna quite as much as the fact that her brother approved of Holden. The two had gotten along easily since the first time they had met, and this had almost solidified her feelings for Holden.

"I'll have the smartest, most handsome tutor ever," she beamed at him, perfectly sure of that face alone. "I hear girls are always falling for their older student tutors. I better mind myself, lest I fall in love with some older off-limits Slytherin lad what has eyes blue as an Irish sea in winter. Could be havin' that, could we?" she teased, voice soft.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Katey » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Holden was glad to hear that Liam was doing well. He quite liked Liam. It made him happy that Enna's brother liked him, but it made him even more happy that the two siblings got along so well. Holden loved his older sister, but their relationship was nothing like that of Liam and Enna. Looking at the two of them, he wished he could be a better older brother for his younger sister, though he doubted it was possible.

"Well, you've got to be at school," Holden said. "You shouldn't feel bad about being here." He looped his arm through hers and pulled her close. He was glad she was at Hogwarts, and wouldn't want her to stay home during term and work at a pub. It might have been partially selfish, but he knew that a Hogwarts education was incredibly valuable, so it was also for her benefit.

Holden smiled at Enna's last comment. "No, that would be loads of trouble." It was a joke, but, of course, there was no lack of trouble in their relationship.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:46 pm

There was little else in the world that Enna truly loved more than spending time with Holden, be it back in Ireland, where they could openly be together, or in broom cupboards at the school. She just enjoyed talking to him and looking at him. He was very nice to look at, especially up close. She was so very proud they had come up with this scheme of tutoring to help them have more time together, even if it wouldn't allow for any snogging.

"Goodness knows I'm no good at trouble," she laughed, then nudged him gently. Enna really wasn't much of a rebel, but when it came to Holden, she took risks she never would have taken otherwise. The girl was actually quite well behaved, not at all one to be breaking a rule, but she didn't consider dating Holden to be rule-breaking. Were it her own family she had to hide it from, she would likely find it all very hard to undertake.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Previous

Return to Hogsmeade