Meeting on the Grounds (Reaver as Analiese)

Meeting on the Grounds (Reaver as Analiese)

Postby Katey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Simon Poole R6

Simon sat under a tree, head down and scribbling furiously in his sketchbook. He wasn't actually sure yet what he was drawing, but he needed to occupy his time while he waited for Ana to meet him.

His best friend apparently had something very important to tell him, and Simon wasn't one to miss what may very well be gossip. But he'd had a free period while Ana was in class, and he wasn't about to hole himself up in the common room when the weather was this beautiful. He admired the orange and brown leaves on the trees--they had begun to change but not yet begun to fall. This was the period of autumn that Simon loved: cool but not yet windy and cold, and of course the beautiful scenery offered plenty of inspiration for his drawings.

Simon looked around and sighed, then glanced at his watch. Ana should be done with class soon. He was getting tired of waiting; he wanted to hear what she had to say. But his drawing was going well, so he was glad that he would at least have something to show her when she got there.
Katey
Admin

Re: Meeting on the Grounds (Reaver as Analiese)

Postby Reaver » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Analiese Brightwell R6

It was very uncharacteristic for a Ravenclaw to be inattentive in class, especially when that Ravenclaw was Analiese Brightwell. Analiese was one of the most studious pupils in all of Hogwart's, painfully so. In fact, she was already kicking herself for not having paid a bit of attention in her worst class, Magical Theory. One would thing that a pureblood witch, raised in a family of near geniuses would be proficient in the one thing that came natural to witches and wizards... Magic.

She hurried to the courtyard, where she knew her best friend would be waiting for her. Analiese had not intentionally been ignoring Simon, but lately she'd found herself in a whirlwind of overwhelming schoolwork and maddening run-ins with one particular boy whose mere existence took everything out of her. If school wasn't enough pressure on the young girl, her arch-rival pushed her to her very ends, mentally and emotionally, and she was at her wits end.

"Simon!" She huffed, tossing her duffel towards the base of the tree and plopping down beside her male companion. "I shouldn't even be thinking of anything but my studies right now, but I can't!" Analiese was wound up like a spring, talking a mile a minute while wringing her hands restlessly. "I just can't, I... I didn't even pay attention in Magical Theory, and I don't know what to do, and the way he looks at me....And I just..." And here she went, spilling everything she had to her best friend.
Ratted out in Hades, forced to return to Rockville with nothing but a rucksack. Hard lesson learned.

You want to know my political persuasion? Well sugar I howl at the moon. Can ya dig it?

character carnival--->
http://kbird.webs.com
meow!
Reaver

Postby Katey » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Simon smiled at his drawing as he finished it, then pulled out his wand. He knew just what to do. He pointed it at the paper and murmured a charm. Soon there was an animated scene in front of him--a crude sketch of a worried Analiese, fall leaves whirling around her.

He saw Ana coming and held up the drawing, hoping to show it to her when she arrived. "Look, I--" he started. But Ana clearly had something else on her mind. She didn't give him a moment to even say hello. But Ana was his Simon's best friend, and he had to forgive the lack of niceties. Sometimes there was no time for Hello, Simon. How was your day? with Analiese. She had a lot of feelings, and Simon was the one who had to listen to them. She reciprocated, of course, but Simon just didn't have as many issues as Ana did lately.

Because Simon didn't have a Silas. As Ana began her rant, Simon knew exactly who she was talking about. He had to have some fun with her, though. "Wait, who are you talking about? Start from the beginning." Of course he wanted to hear all of the details, but there might have been some small part of him that wanted to punish her, playfully, of course, for only caring about her own problems.
Katey
Admin

Postby Reaver » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Her arch-rival was enough to fuel hours of angry rant from the girl, but Simon was quick to stop her from completely going off into a unintelligible spiral of spewed hate. It was her favorite thing about her best friend; Simon leveled her in every sense of the word. He was the yin to her yang, which was good, because at the exact moment, Analiese needed to take a deep breath.

Pausing for a moment, she rolled her eyes, and managed to give a weak grin. The boy knew who she was talking about. Analiese knew what he was doing, she knew what he was playing at. "I'm not even giving him the pleasure of having his name pass through my lips. You either." They both knew that wasn't true. Their rivalry was obsessive. They were constantly purposefully making one another's lives miserable, mostly unintentional, but personally, Analiese thrived on his attention.

"I guess it wasn't so bad." She finally admit, after a moment to cool off. Simon's presence was relaxing for her, and she always seemed to diffuse when around him. "It's just not fair, you know? I work my arse off, and can't pull the marks he does. Effortlessly! Why?" Simon was the only person in the world who she would admit she knew that Silas Whitney was better than her. "He's smarter, he's somehow got more people who can stand to be around him, and the awful git just has to be bloody gorgeo..." Her hand clamped over her mouth firmly.

Analiese felt her cheeks grow warm with embarrassment. Of all the things she would admit to only Simon, that had something she swore she would take to the grave. "I didn't mean it like that!" She sputtered loudly through the hand that was still constraining her mouth. Perhaps it was best if she just quit speaking. Letting out a nervous titter as she lowered her hand. "So how was your day?"

Changing the subject was probably her best bet. And there was the fact that she actually did care about what Simon had been up to. She had missed spending time with her best friend.
Ratted out in Hades, forced to return to Rockville with nothing but a rucksack. Hard lesson learned.

You want to know my political persuasion? Well sugar I howl at the moon. Can ya dig it?

character carnival--->
meow!
Reaver

Postby Katey » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Simon smiled. Ana couldn't even speak his name? That was a little dramatic. But dramatic was the name of the game when it came to Analiese and Silas. Simon knew that they that the two of them couldn't stop fighting over the most useless of matters, but at times he was sure they were about two inches from a bit of angry snogging.

He laughed at Ana's last comment. "Oh, he's gorgeous," Simon replied. "No question there. But he's not smarter than you." Simon was quite sure of that. He thought that Ana was the smartest person in their year, and nothing could convince him otherwise. "He's just smarmy as hell."

Simon let her comment go. He knew she didn't mean it "like that". Or at least, she didn't know she meant it in any particular way. Anyone with eyes could see that Silas was attractive, so even someone who hated him was forgiven for mentioning it.

"My day's been alright," Simon said. "I drew this." He held up the picture of Ana that he had charmed, the leaves still swirling around her. "But don't change the subject on me." He smirked. "I know what you really want to talk about."
Katey
Admin

Postby Reaver » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Simon could say that again. Smarmy didn't even begin to describe the likes of Silas. But gorgeous did, and though the color on her cheeks faded, the truth stuck like a tack. It was infuriating to Analiese, which was why she fought him so hard. Half of her was terrified that it she didn't, she would find herself blinded by his charm, and that was terribly distracting.

"Oh, Simon! That's so cool!" She gasped, taking in his picture. Her best friend was so creative and talented. Ana had to admit that she was a little jealous. He did things out of feeling, like a normal person, something she wished she could do. The witch would have probably been more productive, instead of being so stressed all the time.

Picking a blade of grass and flinging it at Simon, she shook her head. "No you don't." She joked. Simon always knew what she wanted to talk about. Ana always talked, complained rather, about the same two things: Silas and schoolwork. She had already brought up both things within seconds of seeing Simon. She was a lucky girl for having a friend like him, to listen to the same complaints all the time. Everyone else she knew would have already told her to get over about it.

Everyone else didn't understand, though. Simon did. He knew how hard she worked, and how it rubbed her the wrong way that she worked so hard and was trumped by someone who spent more time patting himself on the back than actually doing working. Even her brothers didn't showboat quite like Silas.

"Fine," She stated. "But it's not what you think I want to talk about. I have a secret for you."

character carnival--->
meow!
Reaver

Postby Katey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Simon smiled at Ana's reaction to his drawing. He was glad she liked it. She was always appreciative of his art, but sometimes he was still hesitant to show it off, even to his best friend. He drew for his own satisfaction, not that of others, and at those times that he showed things to others, he realized how nervous the potential for their satisfaction made him.

Of course Simon knew what Analiese wanted to talk about, and of course he was willing to listen. What else were friends for, if not listening to your repetitive rantings?

But something new? Simon was surprised. It wasn't what he thought? He found that hard to believe, but he would keep an open mind for the time being. A secret was too juicy to protest about. He raised his eyebrows. "What's the secret?" He asked.

((sorry so short...I'm not sure what's up with me lately!))
Katey
Admin

Postby Reaver » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 am

Secrets weren't something she kept from Simon, and she knew it would catch him off guard. Her secret wasn't huge, but it was enough to get her in big trouble, and to Analiese, that was huge. The young witch wasn't the type to cause chaos, and she certainly wasn't the type to chance getting into trouble. However, lately she'd been worrying too much and stressing over encounters with Silas, that she had fallen behind in studies.

As unwise as it was, Analiese had spent a few nights weighing the consequences of her actions, and finally decided to go ahead with her plan. She had initially thought of asking Simon along, but the risk was too much. Ana had to go alone.

“I... Well, I mean, it's not really a secret I guess.” Was it a good idea to tell someone? Simon was no regular someone, but she was second guessing herself. There was a chance he would reprimand her for such a crazy notion. Perhaps it's what she needed, someone to talk some sense into her, namely Simon. “I'm going to break into the restricted section of the library tonight.” Analiese shrugged. “I just thought I'd tell you..”

character carnival--->
meow!
Reaver

Postby Katey » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Simon sighed. He had been hoping for something juicy. An admission of her secret feelings for a certain handsome boy, perhaps? Or even something about another couple. Simon wasn't terribly picky about his gossip. He just wished it wasn't so. . .studious of her. Ana and Simon were a smart pair, of course. They had always focused on their schoolwork and done well. Simon knew he was terribly intelligent, and he could admit, to himself at least, that Ana was probably even more so. But he sometimes wished for excitement. He was sure the Gryffindors and Slytherins were dating each other and having adventures left and right in their respective houses, and the Hufflepuffs weren't good at much, so surely shagging took up much of their time. But as Ravenclaws, they just studied. All the time.

"You're sneaking out to read?" Simon asked skeptically. "We can read in Ravenclaw Tower, Ana," he whined. He was sure there were more productive things they could do sneaking around at night in the castle. More interesting things to learn.

"Do what you want, love, but I think you're wasting a perfectly good night of rule-breaking by going to the library."
Katey
Admin

Return to Hogwarts Grounds