[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
• View topic - The First Night (Open)

The First Night (Open)

Gryffindor Tower blazened in scarlet and gold.

The First Night (Open)

Postby jesse » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Colin couldn't sleep. It was the farthest he'd ever been from home without his parents, and on top of that it was in a magical castle in Scotland where four months ago a secret war had been fought. He'd only found out that he was a wizard a few months ago, and now he was enrolled in wizard school. He was a member of Gryffindor house. In the morning he would be going to his first Charm's class and later that week he was going to learn how to fly a broomstick. It was all a little overwhelming.

So he sat in a squashy chair that nearly enveloped him and stared into the fireplace. The crackling of the fire was relaxing. He knew he needed to try to sleep again eventually, as he did have a busy day.

"Just a little while longer," Colin mumbled to himself. He'd get sleepy listening to the fire and staring out the window eventually. Once he was done thinking about how exciting the train ride was. And how great the Welcoming Feast was. And how cool it was coming across the lake to get to the castle. He'd caught a glimpse of what he was informed was The Giant Squid.

My school has a giant squid. I have the greatest life any boy has ever dreamed of.
jesse

Re: The First Night (Open)

Postby Quijotesca » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm

((I know this has been dead for a while, but it was empty and I took the opportunity. Hope you don't mind! ;-) ))

He didn't care what anybody said, you never sleep as good as you sleep in your own bed. No less than twenty four hours prior, he had been doing just that, snoozing away in his own bed, in his own room. Then again, you make some sacrifices for what he had heard to be the 'greatest education in the world.' Just the though of it made him twitch. His father had talked up Hogwarts for as long as he could remember. He stretched his arms, yawning and descending the stairsz to the common room. At least he could be alone for a while, tire himself out until he was so exhausted that the grunts and snores wouldn't bother him anymore.

He had a short piece of parchment clutched in his hand with a quill, intending on writing a short letter to his mother. He shook his head, and a grin broke out on his face. Just that same day she had burst into tears, squeezing the life out of him."I'll miss you, mijo. I'm so proud of you. I can't believe it, you're so grown up!" She had fawned. She was mothering, so unlike his grandmother. His first year he did miss his parents, though he wouldn't admit to it much. Now, he was acustomed to it already. Besides, with his mom's incessant owl notes and food, he couldn't hardly miss her.

At the bottom of the stairs he craned his neck to see the common room, thankfully empty. The fire crackled away in the grate. Nice, and comfortable. He could enjoy the solitude, at least for a little while. Better get this note done, he thought. at least it will hold her off for a while. He approached one of the chairs nearest to the fire from behind, and swung a leg over the chair, intending on plopping down to enjoy some good old fashioned r&r. Though the chair was hardly as comfortable as he had expected.
I'm screaming at the midnight air
Everyone hears me but I don't care
My heart's clenched just like a fist
'Cause, people, I didn't ask for any of this
Quijotesca

Return to Gryffindor Common Room