Tutorial On Love

Tutorial On Love

Postby Skatie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Enna Keane

It may have been just a little suspicious that someone who was notably failing her Potions lessons was so excited to be attending a tutoring session during her free period. Most students in such a predicament would have certainly been lethargic, at best, about having to fill their free time with something they not only disliked, but at which they were decidedly bad. Enna Keane was known for being a relatively pleasant person, but even her mates had to wonder about why she seemed so delighted as she headed out of the common room to make her way to the Potions' classroom, where her tutor was to meet her.

Entering the classroom, Enna saw that she was the first to have arrived for the session. She set her things on one of the long tables and began to ready her work area with ingredients and a cauldron. The less her tutor had to do, the better. She wasn't perfectly certain about whom the Potions' master had assigned as her tutor, but she felt pretty good about her chances of it being someone excellent. There was only the slimmest possibility that this scheme was going to go awry, and she liked her odds.

She wandered over to the windows, feeling around the edges of the pane to see if any air was seeping through. It was terribly cold in the classroom. Sighing, she gazed out of the window, thinking about how she would probably be warm enough once they started the fire under the cauldron.
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Maeby Kate | 26 | Michigan/Virginia
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Re: Tutorial On Love

Postby Katey » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:18 pm

When Professor Slughorn had approached Holden about tutoring a student who was doing poorly in potions, he had tried not to look too excited. Of course, it wasn't in his nature to show his excitement over anything, but particularly not for anything related to school. Though Holden was smart, he certainly wasn't passionate about school. There were other things he was passionate about, however, and this tutorial might give him some time with that.

Or rather, her. When Holden entered the classroom, he smiled at Enna.

"So, surprisingly enough," he said, dropping a pile of potions books on the table where Enna's things were. "No one else requested a tutor. So it's just the two of us."

This was exactly what Holden and Enna had hoped for--some time alone. He knew it wouldn't be exactly romantic; it would be quite suspicious if she didn't improve in potions at all after these lessons, and he would feel guilty if he didn't try to teach her. But it was time together during school hours, which was something he hadn't imagined would be possible.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:06 pm

No, it wouldn't be the most romantic setting, but it was entirely romantic that they had orchestrated this plan in order to spend time together. The very fact that they would rather spend their free time learning and teaching Potions just to be together spoke volumes about how much they really adored one another's company. There would likely be no freedom to snog or cuddle, but even being in the same room and able to freely make eye contact was a treasure.

"Hi," Enna's entire countenance brightened when Holden entered. Was anything more lovely than the sound of his voice? She wanted nothing more than to skip over there and kiss him, but she forced herself to refrain. They were alone, but they still had to exercise some self-control if they wished for this arrangement to be a long and successful one.

"I'm sure you'll be a fantastic tutor," she smiled at him, crossing from the window and standing before him. Could he tell that she was dying to hug him? For a moment, she just stood there smiling at him, properly pleased with herself for thinking this up. "Should we...uh, you know. Start?"
I am a writer. I hide behind my words so that you'll never know me, but you'll know more about me than I could ever explain.
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Katey » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Holden had been looking forward to this meeting all week. It felt illicit and strange to be meeting with Enna during class time. Some part of him feared they would get caught together at any moment. But this was silly, since all they would be caught doing was studying, and professor-mandated studying, so no one would have any reason to suspect that they wanted to be there. Thinking about this did tend to make him feel guilty; pretending he didn't like his girlfriend couldn't possibly make her feel very good.

But right now, he wasn't supposed to be thinking about that. He was supposed to be thinking about potions.

"Thanks," Holden said. He wasn't sure about being a fantastic tutor, but he had to try. First, though, he needed to be a good boyfriend for at least a moment. "Well, how are you?" He knew they should get started on potions, but he hadn't seen Enna in a while and he wanted to hear how she was doing before they began working too hard.
Katey
Admin

Postby Skatie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Holden was always a good boyfriend. He certainly wouldn't agree with that, but that was almost a part of why he was one. Even though they had to hide their relationship as they did, Enna felt spoiled by how lovely Holden was to her. He wrote her notes all day long throughout school, sent her gifts like that stuffed animal sprayed in his cologne, and he was just so, so lovely.

"Great now that I have some help with Potions," she smiled at him. It was strangely difficult to maintain her distance, which felt very odd considering they kept their distance every day without much of an issue. Perhaps it was that they were alone in a room and had no fear of being 'caught', since they were assigned to be doing what they were. Who could say.

Enna held up her finger and hurried to the door, peeking out left and right down the corridor. Satisfied that no one was around, she rushed back and popped right up onto her toes to kiss him soundly. "I missed you," she whispered, bright-eyed. Then, she nodded. "Potions."
Skatie
On-Site Admin

Postby Katey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Holden felt much the same way as Enna did, though he could only guess at her feelings at the moment. He felt freed by the notion that they were together without it being illicit, but it also made him particularly nervous. Perhaps it was the feeling of freedom that did it--he had never felt free with Enna at school. He hadn't felt free with her since the holiday, in Ireland, in the woods. But these were no woods. These were the dungeons. Not only were they very much indoors, they were dangerously close to Slytherin House--a bitter reminder that this meeting had to be all business.

Well, perhaps not all. He sank briefly into the kiss, knowing that if anyone were to walk in, they would both be dead, but for that moment not caring. "I missed you too," Holden murmured.

"Potions." It snapped him back to reality. "Let's take a look at what you're doing. Did you bring your book? What chapter are you on?"
Katey
Admin

Return to Hogwarts Indoors